You start as an ingredient in the primordial soup, and try to create life. Solitaire, competitive, and cooperative play options. This is the first game in the Bios:Trilogy, being followed by Bios:Megafauna 2 and Bios:Origins 2. The Bios games are linked yet independent.
Compared to the 1st edition, there are components now for 4 instead of 3 organisms for each player, 100 new commissioned artworks, 68 page rules/ science background, & a folding player aid.
- 60 Cards illustrated by Karim Chakroun with 100 extra commissioned artworks
- 16 oversized placards, for bacteria and refugia
- 48 disks representing catalysts, enzymes, and antioxidants
- 64 wooden cubes for manna & chromosomes
- 16 wooden domes for bionts (4 more than 1st edition)
- 12 six-sided dice, used for autocatalytic and Darwin rolls
- Rules and historical background, 68 pages
- Folding player aid
- Box (5" X 5" X 1.75")
Note: If you own the first edition, a limited supply of upgrade kits are available.
Board Game Geek about Bios:Genesis (1st Edition)
Vassal module by Stefano Tine.
- Living Rules: